What is the most valuable skill to learn right now?
- learning All Things Web3
If you are a dev who's interested in web3 but dont know what to dig into, what is the most valuable skill to learn?
In my opinion, it is important to begin with general understanding of the blockchain and related technologies.
I usually recommend to start with the following topics:
- Cryptography basics - symmetric encryption, asymmetric encryption, cryptographic digital signature, hashing algorithms. It is impossible to truly understand blockchain without a basic knowledge of cryptography;
- Bitcoin. It is the first application of the blockchain technology and very helpful for understanding its evolution;
- Blockchain, consensus algorithms (PoW, PoS), transaction lifecycle. These are the key topics for understanding blockchain technology;
- Smart contracts and Ethereum. Ethereum is the first blockchain supporting smart contracts. Solidity, smart contract laguage on Ethereum and other EVM chains, is easy to learn and has a lot of resources on the internet;
- IPFS. Decentralized storage is an important component of many decentralized applications;
- Zero Knowledge proofs. These are not easy to understand but becoming very important lately.
Once you have a good understanding of these topics it will be easier for you to navigate the world of Web3 and choose the area that you would like to learn deeper.